Here are a couple of poems that I wrote the second year of ministry in Utah, the first year working with Chip and Jamie and the TriGrace team. I thought that they might be fitting for you to ponder.
The first one is titled: "Logic's Lost" and was written shortly after the Utah trip after a particularly difficult night of prayer and intercession and just frustration with the depraved state of the Mormon community.
i can see them
their logic's lost
and deception dies
a slow death
fire burns while
souls turn
drawing in one last breath
out to Christ they cried
saving grace
Lord, rescue our human race.
This second one I wrote as a goodbye poem after moving one time from the dorms to Maine over a summer. The poem still seems somewhat appropriate now...
packing up the dreams
moving out the memories
carrying off the cares
and slowly backing out with the bags
saying goodbye again
going on to the next step
leaving behind what is dear
opening up to what is next
knowing that there will be return
but bearing the pain of the moment
things are never the same
change comes
and we are left waiting.
-to find more poetry visit: http://warriordawn.blogspot.com - most of which were written in the the last five years since becoming a Christian. You can email me for background stories if you would like to discuss them. There may be random poetry showing up on both blogs occasionally.
Bud was asking today in church during what I have now dubbed as my "commissioning sermons" how we express our love to God. Since I have become a Christian, I have had to undergo a lot of healing and a lot of loss in order to be empty enough to be filled with Christ... I am still so far from being ready but He still says that it is time and that He will give strength when I am weak. (See Corinthians...) My expression of love often comes in the form of poetry. It is an act of worship.
Mormons are dumbfounded by true and honest worship. They have no concept of a God who loves them enough that He would desire our worship.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your poems. The Lord loves to restore. To build up. In weakness He shines through. In weakness we are able to feel the pain of the world around us. Because we feel, we know we have life and have not become hardened. The Christ life, however, is the only one we can live where we feel the pain, but are not crushed. "In all these things we are more than conquerers through Him who loves us" Rom. 8?
It is a good sign your ready when you don't feel like you are!
Post a Comment