"All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of his mercy
As deep cries out to deep (we sing)
Come, Lord Jesus, come.
Come, Holy Spirit, come.
As deep cries out to deep..."
Long for home. Long for Him and for Home with Him seated on His throne. Deep cries out to deep - I love that line. It is an amazing feeling when you realize that your deepest part, your most hidden place in your heart, cries and screams for Jesus. That you desire and need Him with literally every part of you. When you realize that you believe from the inside out.
God blessed me with things that I never expected last week. He showed me who was standing in front of me for so long and showed me the heart that was changed. He then gave me blessings far beyond what I expected or could have dreamed. And... to top it off... He KEPT BLESSING ME. With provision for so many things. He blows my mind. Last week, I was walking on a cloud because I could not believe all that He had done.
And true to Israelite form, I promptly forgot this week all of the blessings of last and walked around in a complete state of stir-craziness and boasted a severe case of cabin fever and determined to show my anger and angst and dissatisfaction with life and the inability to escape or take a break for a bit by rudely responding to pretty much ever person around me. Seriously, what kinda idiot... But, how is this different than any other believer?
We forget that we serve a God who WANTS to bless us. And desires us to be joyful and to REMAIN so. And then we act like spoiled children. Or, as in my case, we think, "Well, I don't deserve these blessings, so obviously there is another shoe that will drop, so I may as well prepare myself and duck my head and wait for the rain instead of cherishing the sunshine." - what flawed thinking!- Yet, that's exactly what I did. And I do it every time. When will my heart and brain get it together and figure it out? He blesses me. And I need to be a steward to accept and appreciate the blessings and beyond that, USE THEM to honor Him.
My deep cries out to deep... and I want to go Home. And I want to learn to appreciate the promise of Home. Because that's exactly what I have been given.
1 comment:
:) I've been so blessed too.
Post a Comment