Thursday, December 17, 2009

There are so many words and lyrics and phrases and verses and the words are running through my mind so fast with the letters jumbled and in various sizes of print and fonts and colors and meanings and emotions and places and sounds and smells and memories and ideas and thoughts.

And my brain is overloaded and my stupid idealistic romantic side wants to write it all out, but the problem is that you can't make sense of nonsensical musings and poetry doesn't form from nothing but from something... a single thought or feeling that you can finally grasp a-hold of and cling to and get to obey long enough to create something simple and beautiful. But I can't grab hold of any of them... they move too quickly and there are too many and using most of them would be plagiarism anyway. You can't take other people's lines... they are for sharing but not for using. Like reusing an engagement ring, it is just wrong on the inside.


And the friend sits crying and I don't have any words for her, so I just type "listening" so that she knows that I am still there and I sit and do exactly that because I can't do anything else. Trapped by the words floating all over space in my mind's eye and the pain that she conveys and the lack of ability to express my own thoughtful ideas and whatever small encouragement that I may have.


You understand... they want what God wants. They want to mend. They want to not be broken. But being broken is good because it means growing and growing is good because it is what God wants. But it hurts and no one ever wants to hurt. And the words just don't come... not even a verse.

There are never enough words. And sometimes, there are too many.




Silence...

No comments: