Two new poems on http://warriordawn.blogspot.com - go check 'em out. Feedback welcome.
Ok, your job is to pray for a trained Christian psychologist to have the desire to move here and live here and work with the people. Someone with training in cutting, depression, mental illness, suicidal tendencies, abuse, polygamy, and the LDS church and soooo many other things. Someone who has a heart and passion and desire for Christ and is trained to reach the broken ones. We are all broken, but some need more than the simple hugs that I can give. That's where your prayers come in.
Let me show you and share with you what God and I talked about this morning. Normally, ok, never, do I share this stuff... but I think you may appreciate. We have been studying Hebrews in our morning Bible study and I have been studying about our inheiritance in Him. Connor sent me an INCREDIBLE sermon yesterday that I plan to share with a few of my girls. The title of it was He will never leave you.
Anyway, here's this mornings conversation.
-As I drink my drink, You are like a child. So excited. "Come, come, there is so much more that I have to show you, darling. Come, I can't wait for you to see. To teach you, as you sit here, and learn from me."
-Make my eyes reflect my heart and make my heart as one who is deeply in lve and make my love be You. When they see me, let them see me consumed by You.
-You are my Bridegroom, sweet and perfect. You won't leave me. I am beautiful in Your eyes, which are filled with desire, and I have an inheiritance in You.
Psalm 5:11-12 - "But let all who take refuge in You be glad. Let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them. That those who love Your name may exult in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord, You surround him with favor as with a shield."
2 comments:
Okay Felicia, I have a sermon too. I have a wonderful friend who is about a year older than I. We have known each other since we were around 12. She has been through more crap than I care to reflect on. She has an amazing story of how she has overcome through Jesus. We stay in touch, though she lives a few hundred miles away. I asked her how someone like me who was brought up so sheltered without any circumstances even close to hers would be able to relate to broken, wounded people. I have never forgotten what she said. She gave this advice: pretend that person is your own son or daughter. You would find a way. Love always does. It's love that never fails. Everything else will pass away. Doctor's degrees, counseling, etc. If you have Jesus, you have what it takes. He will give what it takes not a minute early and not a minute late. Serve in the strength He gives with each moment that comes to you and you will have enough, just like 7 fishes and loaves were enough to feed 5000.
I'm praying!
I don't know Penny, but she's right about the hugs. Others may be able to use words well and say the right things at the right time, but there is no one I know who can give better hugs! Maybe if that's all you have to give sometimes, you need to stop letting the devil tell you its not enough. God would give you more if that person happens to need it. Rest my friend and believe!
Love you,
Bonnie
don't underestimate the power of prayer and the Holy Spirit. I will pray that God will give you and those you are working with the wisdom and discernment to work through some of these issues.
Post a Comment