I have an uncanny sense of BAD timing. Cassie - always perfect timing with her encouraging notes, prayers, scriptures, etc. Most everything I have observed about that girl includes great timing. Brett is much the same. Me... not so much. I got out all of my stuff today so that I could be productive and talk to the loan companies for hours on end about consolidating my loans and making payment plans and getting my little self out of a mountain of school debt. And then I reached the voicemail... "our office is closed today for the holiday, please call back tomorrow..." UGH. I forgot. Again. Dang it... You better bet that tomorrow I will plan to call. Plan because well.. there are no gurrantees that the state of productivity extends past today since it usually comes in spurts. Very short spurts.
My poor timing extends to other areas of life as well. So do my discretionary skills. But that is another issue that I don't want to discuss.
I have been exploring plane tickets - have to go to Maine in June for my little sister's graduation. If any of you know of cheap flights, lemme know. Salt Lake City, UTh to Portland, ME, preferably. Cheaper the better. That loan mountain of debt is loaming and I need to be a bit more attentive to its' presence than I have been thus far. I still consider LU worth every dime and penny. Well, most every dime and penny.
I wish our brains came with a thinking/dwelling/contemplating-shut-off button. I would make great use of that once in awhile. I don't have one, so any time now that I may seem to be making use of it... well, usually I am just not being as discretionary as necessary...
God is bigger than us. It is a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment