Well here at the college house, just like everywhere, people are a-buzz with excitement about Obama winning the election. We have heard both good and bad, definitely a mixed group of opinions. My personal opinions need to be kept to myself, as I will be honest and tell you that I did not invest a ton of research into this election. Normally, I would have. This year... just didn't happen. Don't lecture me about the responsibilities that we have as Christians who can vote. I am fully aware.
People are going nuts either way. I like what one of our guys, Tyrone, said. He told me that he views it that either we will get out of debt as a nation or the end of the world will come but either way, as believers, we are covered. Pretty cool point. ;)
Anyway, we are officially the sick house now. There are four of us with the "crud". Delightful stuff, I'll tell ya. At night you can hear us hacking up our lungs while attempting to catch a few moments of sleep.
I HAVE GOOD NEWS! A good friend of mine has expressed that she can see God working in her and around her and here at the cafe. She is LDS and was raised both in the Christian church and the LDS church. Imagine the confusion that would go along with that. Pray that God would keep working and that her eyes would remain open and the Spirit gives her ears to hear and understand.
My coworker's son seems to be doing better, as well. So thank you!!!!!! so much for your prayers. They are helping!!!!!!!!! He is sooo faithful.
Prayer requests for today: the good friend, health, finances. And it might be wise to pray as a unified body for our country. The big thing on my heart would be all of you - far away. I know that my best friend is one of the ones that remains on my heart constantly. Encourage and uplift each other and know that my love is with you. I miss you guys. Hardcore. Pray for each other.
We are studying here what it means to be the church - the body of Christ. It is affecting the way we all interact and the way we pray. Very very very cool. I know Crossroads isn't perfect, but that church was where I first saw the community of Christ outside of the LU-once-in-a-lifetime-community. I am finally starting to see it here as well. It is EXCITING.
1 comment:
Hey...love you! It is good to remember we're the body of Christ. Even across cultures, languages, backgrounds, and personality differences. God is good. I love you...
Cass
Post a Comment