Monday, September 8, 2008

Good news! The surgery went well and Lindsay is in recovery. Dad said that she is semi-concious. If you would like to send her a card, email me and I'll give you the address. My parents are staying at the Ronald McDonald house there in town where the hospital is so that they can be close by. All mail would go to the RDH and then from there mis padres will take it to Linds. Thank you so much for your prayers. Please continue to pray, she still needs it. (felizalba@gmail.com)

As for things here, they are going alright. I am LOVING my bedroom. (pictures to come eventually) :) And church was pretty cool yesterday. I will have to give you an abbreviated version of my notes from the sermon. I started working at the local Walmart and found a couple of Christians - I was VERY excited about that. Spent a lot of time working in the coffee shop and around the college house. We had the board of directors from the ministry here this past weekend so that was pretty exciting. I got a lot of cafe (coffee shop) hours in while everyone else was busy preparing - so I covered their shifts. Very cool.

I haven't really had much opportunity yet to talk to anyone but I am not worried - I am here for the long-haul, no matter how homesick for Tecsas I get/am. There will be plenty of time to talk.

Keep praying!!!!!! If you would like more detailed updates then email me and I will try to put together a specific prayer/support email to send out monthly or maybe bimonthly for you to check out. There are some things that I won't be able to talk about in the blog posts just because it is a public communication, but I can send a letter/email with more detail that is a bit more private. And for the record, more often than not, unless it is a member of the ministry here or someone that would be known to most of my readers, I will use fake names just to keep it safer for everyone. (felizalba@gmail.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big praise about your sister.
Love you, Sister,
Bonnie