Saturday, August 30, 2008

I leave tomorrow morning to fly out. This time tomorrow, I will actually already be flying. I plan on enjoying every moment that I can today with friends before I go, including a very "epic" ending to my Texas time by going to a dance tonight with more amazing adventures to follow. It is good.

For now, I want to give you a prayer request because I am afraid that with the chaos of moving and then settling in, that I may forget later. My little sister, Lindsay, is 17. She is a senior in high school this year and her senior year has just gotten majorly complicated. She is going in to have brain surgery next week due to a childhood condition that she was born with called, Arnold Chiari Malformation. It is a mouthful to say but basically it means that the brain stem is too close to the spinal cord because there was more space back there than there should be. (At least, that was the basic way they tried to describe it to me when I was seven and watching her go through her first brain surgery.)You can click here to find out the more technical medical definitions, but suffice it to say, this little girl is in need of some major prayer. She will be leaving early next week to go to NY to get prepped for surgery and then the actual surgery is on the 8th of September of the following week. She is super brave but this still is not easy. It will mean a lot of recop time and craziness for her and my family. Not to mention the time lost from work for Dad - never a good thing, trust me. So... that being said, while I may not get time to post the prayer request in detail like this next week, I had to post it now and I WILL post updates about it so that you know how she is doing after. Click HERE to read her journal updates.

Thanks for the prayers. It means the world to me. This little girl is pretty special in my book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Lindsey.

We'll miss you Flick!
Love you,
Bonnie

Cassie said...

Praying for Lindsey.

We'll miss you Flick!

Love you,
Bonnie